Thread-rolling screws for a secure and direct connection

Thread-rolling screws form their nut threads themselves when they are screwed into precut holes. This not only saves assembly and production costs, but also creates stable and secure connections.

In contrast to thread cutting, the material structure in the mating thread is not interrupted when threading, but compressed and strain hardened. The nut threads are automatically formed in cast blind holes, passages or in drilled, lasered or punched sheet metal parts. Especially suitable for materials such as steel, aluminium, brass or copper.

The "15/85" principle

The use of thread-rolling screws reduces costs of thread cutting, cleaning, inspection, tools, etc. up to approximately 85%. The remaining 15% remain for the fastener itself.

Thread-rolling in a class of its own: GEFU® SCREWS with TAPTITE 2000® thread

The special GEFU® SCREWS with TAPTITE 2000® thread are designed to combine the advantages of the earlier TAPTITE screws with a new thread form, the thread with the radius profile. The radius profile facilitates the flow of the nut material in the direction of the screw thread core. This results in an excellent mechanical connection technology and an ergonomic connection. Thanks to the TAPTITE 2000® thread, the torques are reduced by up to 50 percent compared to conventional thread-forming screws.

Functional and mechanical requirements for thread-rolling screws
Requirements for assessing the mechanical and functional properties of a thread-rolling screw are:
Surface hardness
Edge hardness (E.H.)
DIN 7500 + DIN 267-30 for the class 10.9 (ISO 20898-1)
Core hardnessDIN 7500 + DIN 267-30 for the class 10.9 (ISO 20898-1)
Minimum breaking torqueDIN 7500 + DIN 267-30 for the class 10.9 (ISO 20898-1)
Tapping torqueDIN 7500 + DIN 267-30 for the class 10.9 ( ISO 20898-1)
Thread-forming screws advantages Thread-forming screws advantages

Mechanical properties

Thread-forming screws advantages

Thread-forming screws advantages

The use of GEFU® TAPTITE 2000® increases the security of the bolting process and generates higher preload forces. This unique technology results in thread-rolling screws with the best mechanical and ergonomic properties.

As a rule, there are no need for additional securing elements with thread-rolling screws, since this is a backlash-free connection with a high pull-out resistance.

This significally reduces the cost of the complete connection.

Thread-forming screws

Thread-rolling screws according to DIN 7500

The thread of thread-rolling screws is designed so that the formed internal thread can accommodate a screw with metric ISO thread (standard thread), tolerance 6h. The shape and the arrangement of the rolled part of the thread are determined appropriately.

The DIN 7500 is the oldest and most widely used version here and defines the thread and the technical delivery conditions. But also thread screws like TAPTITE®, DUO-TAPTITE® or TAPTITE 2000® are very popular on the market today.

Product innovations and C-Parts highlights: our W.TEC® products

With us, you will always find the right product.

Every single industry requires products that are geared to very specific purposes. To support the requirements of a market holistically, we consistently analyse the current needs and future requirements of our customers.

This resulted in our W.TEC® product series with products for requirements-based solutions and industry-specific innovations. We guarantee optimal and consistent quality and first-class technical service. We can give you expert advice and best practices so that you will always find the right product, be it plastic cabs, slings, screws for thermoplastic materials or many more.



We are here for you!
In addition to this range of products, contact persons with product and industry know-how are available to advise you.

Contact us on T +49 7931 91-0 or via e-mail on



You will find all documents in our Download Centre.